Recipe by Ng Wai Kee & Ernest Wong, Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Made Watte tea bread dough
375g bread flour
187g cake flour
4g sea salt
25g fresh yeast
187g butter, room temperature
15g Meda Watter tea, finely chopped
Mushroom and Tea mayonnaise
60g chicken breast
2g Meda Watte Tea
1. Chop the cooked mushrooms and chicken breast into small dice.
2. Add in the mayonnaise, salt and pepper;save the mixture for later use.
3. Dissolve the fresh yeast with milk.
4. Knead together the fresh yeast,flour,eggs,tea and milk; mix with low speed for 5 minutes and fast speed for 6 minutes.
5. Add salt, sugar and butter and knead for 2 minutes.
6. Rest on the table for 1 hour.
7. Cut into rectangles of 2 em x 10 em.
8. Leave the dough to rise in a proofing cabinet for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 220 °C and bake it for 15 minutes.
10. Cut the Yata Watte tea bread in half and fill with the mushroom and black truffle mayonnaise.