Recipe by Ng Wai Kee & Ernest Wong, Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
17g sea salt
20g choppd Nuwara Eliya tea
10g fresh yeast
500g tempered butter
150g muscovado sugar
1. In a bowl with attached hook, knead the dough for 6 minutes at low speed.
2. Keep the dough in square shape and in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Give two simple turns by incorporating the softened butter
and let it stand for about 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Give two new single laps and incorporate the mixture of the two sugars.
5. Roll out the dough then cut into thin slices. cook the slices in a Panini maker to obtain a perfect caramalization.
Nuwara Eliya Mandarin Cream
1pc lemon zest
5g Nuwara Eliya tea
1/2pcs tangerine zest
20g lemon juice
32g tangerine concentrate
250g tangerine cream
1. Mix the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, tangerine juice, Nuwara Eliyatea and tangerine concentrate; poach in a water bath until 84C.
2. Cool down to 60C, add the butter and whisk.
3. Mix with a hand mixer for 10 minutes.
4. Keep the mixture for 24 hours before use.
5. Whisk with the mascarpone and tangerine cream
Nuwara Eliya Jelly
350g mandarin juice
20g Nuwara Eliya tea
5pcs gelatine sheets
3pcs mandarin zest
1. In a saucepan, heat the mandarin juice with sugar.
2. Remove from the heat and in the tea and gelatine previously rehydrated in cold water.
3. Refrigerate until it is completely set.