Recipe by Ng Wai Kee & Ernest Wong, Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
150g eggs whites
110g caster sugar
36g cocoa paste
1. Beat the egg whites with the sugar very firmly.
2. Melt in a double boiler and mix the chocolate with the egg white.
3. Spread onto a frame, cook for 6-7 min at 80C steam.
600g caster sugar
400g cocoa nibs
1. Making a dry caramel then pour over the feuilletine and cocoa nibs.
2. Let it cool down and then mix.
3. Stencils on 4.5 x 14cm, using a strainer, sieve the powder then cook.
175g UHT cream
75g whole milk
50g egg yolks
210g dark chocolate
400g whipped cream
1. Boil the milk, cream and bleah the yolks and sugar.
2. Cook at 82C and pour over the chocolate.
3. Mix the whipped cream and stir into custard cream.
Chocolate ice cream
1l whole milk
100g egg yolk
100g double cream
1. Heat the milk and cream with the trimoline at 50C.
2. Incorporate the stabilizer with 10% of the sugar, mix the egg yolks with the remaining sugar.
3. Cook at 85 OC, then sieve over the chopped chocolate and butter.
4. Fill the tube of 1.5 cm diameter and then cut to 14 cm.
30g cocoa powder
1. Heat the water,sugar with glucose.
2. Once it is boiling, add the cocoa and then reduce the heat to low.
30g dark chocolate
1. Cut the chocolate into rectangles of 4.5 cm by 14 cm, and place onto the tubes of 2 cm diameter for shaping.
170g milk chocolate
20g cocoa butter
190g haxelnut paste 100%
240g paillete feuilletine
1. Melt together the chocolate and cocoa butter.
2. Add the hazelnut paste, mix well then pour in the paillete feuilletine.
3. Spread out between two plastic sheets, cut into rectangles of 1.5 cm x 14 cm