Honey Scones (makes approx 20)
- 320g self raising flour
- 40g castor sugar
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 80ml cream
- 25g lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixer to make a crumble.
- Add eggs, milk, cream, lemon peel and honey.
- Roll on the bench with flour for approx 1.5 cm thickness and cut out with desired size of round cutter.
- Egg wash the top of the scone, rest for 30 min and place in 180?C with damp out, bake it for 15 min ~ 20 min.
Lemon and Nutmeg Jam Ingredients and Method:
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup extra water to boil lemons zest
- Pinch of Nutmeg
Grate 3 lemons into a small pot.
Slice one lemon thinly into rings or lengthwise. Add them into pot.
Pour 1 cup water over lemons and boil it 10 minutes.
Strain its water and repeat this step. The bitterness of lemon zest will be removed this way.
Add sugar, lemon juice and 2 cups water over strained lemon zest in pot.
Boil it over medium low heat until it reaches the right jam consistency, about 30 minutes.