Ingredients (serves 4):
- 250g Japanese sweet potato
- 250ml milk
- 30g sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 yolk
- 100ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- Peel and steam the potatoes until they are soft enough to make mash. After steaming, mash the potatoes til smooth.
- Boil milk and cream in a pot.
- Mix eggs, yolk and sugar in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the boiling liquid in to the egg mix.
- Add all the mashed potato and make into a paste.
- Add the above to the remaining liquid.
- Strain the mix.
Caramel for Potato Crème Caramel Ingredients and Method:
- 100g sugar
Place sugar in a pot with little bit of water until wet sandy texture.
Bring sugar to caramel colour.
Assembly of Crème Caramel
Pour the caramel in to the preferred mould or ramekin.
Pour the crème caramel mix on top.
Bake in water bath at 150C. 15 min (the time will depend on size of the mould)