Recipe by Genevieve Bax, Queensland, Australia
8 Green Tea-Jasmine blinis ( refer the recipe below)
Hot smoked salmon
½ cup crème fraîche
¼ cup cucumber, very finely diced
1 tsp very finely chopped dill
¼ cup pickled cucumber, shredded
Salt and pepper
- To make Pickled Cucumber: Steep 3 Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Leaves bags in 110 ml of boiling water for 2 minutes. Steep and remove bags. Stir in 1 tablespoon of raw sugar and 1 tbsp malt vinegar. Add ½ cup finely diced/shredded cucumber and allow to cool.
- To make the crème fraîche: Mix together the diced Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Leaves pickled cucumber and dill, with the crème fraîche and season, to taste with salt and pepper.(You can also add a small amount of the pickling juice.)
- To assemble: take one Blini and dollop/spread a small teaspoon of the crème fraîche mixture on top. Place a small amount of shredded Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Leaves pickled cucumber on top of crème fraîche. Then, lay a piece of salmon on the cucumber. Place a small amount of caviar on top of the salmon.
- To garnish, use a sprig of dill and some gold leaf.
- Repeat this process with the remaining Blinis, transfer to a presentation plate, and serve.
Green Tea-Jasmine Leaves Infused Blini:
70g buckwheat flour
70g plain flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 egg separated
1/3 tsp dried yeast
1½ tsp Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Leaves, ground to a very fine powder
9 tea bags of Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Leaves
Butter for cooking
- Boil milk and steep the tea bags until milk cools to body temperature. Remove tea bags.
- Sift flours and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, mix yeast with Dilmah infused milk. Next, separate egg and add yolk to milk mixture.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour until a smooth batter is formed. Cover and leave in a warm place for one hour.
- Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks and carefully fold into batter.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium-low heat. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Then, flip and cook the other side. Remove from pan and cook on a wire rack.