Recipe by Fatin Shabbar, South Australia
½ pack of Katifi pastry
6 tbsp milk powder
1 ½ tbsp cornflour
13 tbsp of sugar
1 ½cups of water
2 tea bags Dilmah Rose with French Vanilla tea
½ cup thick cream
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare the tea by boiling the two cups of water (from the cream and the syrup recipes) and then add the tea bags to them and leave for 2 minutes then take out the tea bags and leave the tea to be used later.
- To make the cream put all the dry ingredients together in a small pan and pour 1 ½ cup of tea on to the dry ingredients and stir over low heat.
- When it is thick remove it from heat and add the cream and stir for ½ minute and then leave aside to cool.
- Meanwhile make the syrup by putting ½ cup of sugar in a pan and pour 1 cup of water on to it and leave it on high heat until it comes to boil. Add the lemon juice and leave for half a minute and then turn off the heat and leave aside to cool.
- Take good size of Katifi pastry, put cream in the middle and then roll.
- Place the Katifi rolls on a greased oven tray and then bake until golden.
- Take out of oven when golden and then leave aside to cool for 2 minutes and then pour a little bit of sugar syrup on top of it.