Recipe by Julie Carlyle, NSW, Australia
Dilmah Rose with French Vanilla tea cake layer:
200g unsalted butter
1 cup castor sugar
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 cup strong tea (4 bags of Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla teabags steeped in 250ml hot water)
- Add the cup of boiled water to a 2 cup capacity jug or tea pot. Remove the paper tags from four Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla teabags and place into the boiled water.
- Set the tea aside and allow to steep.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C. Butter the base of two Swiss roll tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer in the small bwol.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Transfer the mixture to a larger bowl. Add half the flour and tea to the cake mix and fold gently. Repeat with the remaining flour and tea.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in to the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn the cakes on to a wire rack.
Vanilla Mascarpone Layer:
450ml pouring cream
1/8 tsp freeze dried type E starter
¼ cup vanilla extract
½ cup pure icing sugar
- Place milk, cream and starter in a yoghurt maker and set to run on a timer for 16 hours.
- Once complete place the cultured milk in the fridge for 2 days.
- On the second day line a large sieve with muslin. Suspend the sieve over an appropriate sized container. Pour the cultured milk into the cloth. Once the liquid commences draining tie the corners of the muslin so that a piece of dowel can be inserted through the cloth. Lift the muslin (using the dowel) out of the sieve and suspend the cloth and its contents over the container.
- Refrigerate the draining suspension for a further two days. Remove the liquid periodically so that the muslin is never hanging in the drained fluid.
- After two days draining the mascarpone is ready for use.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla to the mixture and stir until combined. Refrigerate until ready for use.
Rose with French Vanilla Tea Jelly Layer:
1 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
2 Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla teabags
1 cup sugar
3 ½ Titanium strength gelatine sheets
- Place the gelatine sheets in a cup of cold water.
- Brew the teabags in a cup of boiling water, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Once the gelatine has softened pour the hot water into the container holding the gelatine.
- Stir the jelly until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour the jelly into a clean, deep 30cm diameter pizza pan and refrigerate overnight.
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
2 tsp rose water
- Remove leaves and stalks from strawberries and place them in a container.
- Use a stick blender to reduce the strawberries to a puree.
- In a saucepan, combine the strawberry puree, sugar and water. Allow the mixture to simmer and thicken to the desired sauce consistency. Remove from the heat and add rose water.
- Once cooled transfer the sauce to a squeeze bottle ready to decorate the plate.
Dilmah Rose with French Vanilla Jubes
200ml boiling water
200g white sugar plus an extra ½ cup for rolling the cut jubes in once they have set
4 Titanium strength gelatine sheets (with 2 cups of cold water for softening)
Non-stick oil spray
1 Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla teabag
1 tsp rosewater
- Spray two small plastic containers with oil.
- Place the four gelatine sheets in cold water to soften.
- Combine the hot water, sugar and teabag in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Allow the tea mixture to simmer on the heat for approx 10 minutes until the mixture becomes a little syrupy.
- Take the mixture off the heat. Remove the teabag and add the teaspoon of rose syrup. Stir.
- Add the gelatine and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour into the papered containers ensuring the depth is no greater than 1cm.
Rose & Vanilla Tiramisu Assembly :
Rose with French Vanilla Tea Cake
1 punnet sliced fresh strawberries
1 strong Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla tea (1 cup hot water + 2 teabags)
Rose with French Vanilla Tea Jelly Layer
Rose with French Vanilla Tea Jubes
- For 8 individual tiramisu 8 food stacking rings will be required.
- Use one of the food stacking rings to cut out 16 circles from the tea cake.
- Cut 8 circles out of the jelly using one of the rings.
- One by one, brush 8 of the cake circles generously with the strong tea. Add one circle of cake to each of the 8 stacking rings. Press the cake in firmly.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of the vanilla mascarpone to the cake layer. Spread the mascarpone out so that it is even.
- Squeeze a little strawberry sauce onto this layer.
- Brush 8 more slices of cake with the brewed tea and cover the layer of mascarpone pressing the cake into the stacker. More tea can be brushed onto the cake if desired.
- Finish with a thin layer of mascarpone and then sit the tea jelly on top.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu until serving time.
- Zigzag strawberry syrup on to the serving plate.
- Unmold the on to the syrup.
- Garnish with a rose and Dilmah Tea Jubes.